Mobile beacon (“hedge”) interfaces
Via virtual UART via USB: Supported interfaces
This is the easiest way to connect since no soldering is required and protocol is the same for different operating systems.
SPI & UART interface pins on beacon board
Mobile beacon (“hedge”) libraries
Python library for beacon
- Here is the Python code for Linux-based devices integration via virtual UART via USB
- Library is easy to use. Also, here is detailed description and example
- Code is fairly universal; Tested on:
- Ubuntu 16.04
- Raspbian Jessie
- Mac (OS X 10.10)
- Python 2.7 & Python 3+
- There are handlers of different exceptions, for example, non-standard states of COM/USB
The Python library provides quick and easy ability for integration of ultrasound navigation system with various Linux-based devices. Among them are Raspberry Pi and other single-board PCs. This code is free to use in your applications (please include a reference link to this web page).
C library for beacon
- Here is the C code + guiding document
- Supported operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows
- GNU/Linux (including Raspberry Pi)
- Mac OS X
- Additionally, link to Github repository
- Improved processor load
- Fixed compiling in Visual Studio
- Added parsing for Paired Beacons angle
- Added parsing for distance raw data
- Added parsing for IMU raw data
- Added parsing for IMU fusion packet
Android/Java library for beacon
- Here is the Java code and simple Android application
- A simple Android app for testing (old by now. Performance not guaranteed)
- Tested on:
- Samsung S7 (API 25)
- Huawei P6 (API 22)
Mobile beacon (“hedge”) integrations
Connection of Marvelmind hedgehog to Arduino via UART and SPI
ROS support for PC and single-board computers including Raspberry Pi
Marvelmind ROS package – GitHub link.
Marvelmind ROS package v1.0.11 compatibility and main changes:
- Supports receiving telemetry, quality and waypoints data
- hedge_rcv_bin allows to specify serial port baudrate in command line
- Supported ROS versions:
- Noetic for Ubuntu 20.04
- Melodic for Ubuntu 18.04
Please, check the instructions on ROS integration.
Pixhawk support and NMEA interface description
First of all, please, see the dedicated Drones page.
See integration with PixHawk on PX4.
Here is a detailed PixHawk and Marvelmind Integration Manual.
Please, also check the instructions on Pixhawk integration and description of interfacing via NMEA0183 protocol.
Sending path to your robot/copter
- Here is an explanation how to send path data via mobile beacon to your robot/copter and sample code.
- Check a corresponding chapter in the protocol description. Request of writing the movement path
- Relevant forum discussion
Modem and Dashboard interfaces
Protocol of data exchange with modem via USB interface
The Dashboard software log description
- Forum link or direct link to the image. First column appeared later, and it is discussed in this topic. It is an additional absolute column – a timestamp – time in milliseconds passed from January,1 of 1970 (UNIX time) – Dashboard SW permanently writes coordinates into log file ‘hedgehogs.log’ that is stored into the Dashboard folder
Data exchange with Dashboard via UDP