– Safety: to minimize probabilities or accidents: geofencing, avoiding being hit by vehicles of machines. Rescue if needed. Alarm buttons
– Productivity: to know where people are in real time and to assign tasks based on location
– Monitoring: to receive data from the person on the move – health data and special data (gauges, telemetry, etc.)
– Accuracy: less than 1m; often – less than 0.5m – our system supports ±2cm
– Capacity: 20-150 people – our system supports up 250 people out of the box. Several thousands – on request
– Update rate: “real time” – our system supports typ. 1-8Hz (location updates per second per person)
– Battery lifetime: at least one shift (8-12h) – our system supports typ. 72h for the mobile beacon. Regular USB charger
1) Choose the Inverse Architecture (IA). In this architecture stationary beacons emit ultrasound and mobile beacons receive ultrasound. As a result, stationary beacons must have different frequencies in each submap. See more in Architectures comparison.
2) Choose the mobile beacons suitable for your particular application and environment:
– Jacket, Helmet, Cap, Headlight – industrial
– Cap – assembly plants
– Badge – office, exhibition, museum
– Watch – only for wrist tracking – not suitable for people tracking
3) Select the most suitable starter: https://marvelmind.com/products. Or create your own configuration from suitable products.
Overall, Starter Set Super-MP is the best and the safest choice, when you are not sure what to choose or what exact experiments you will run, but you want to have the easiest solution with the greatest flexibility and the greatest performance at the same time
Stationary beacons + modem:
– https://marvelmind.com/product/starter-set-super-mp-3d/ – the main set. It may be sufficient for the very first experiments. Then, you could expand with additional Super-Beacons
– https://marvelmind.com/product/super-beacon/ – additional mobile or stationary beacons for expansion. Switching between the mode is just a click in the Dashboard
Use Marvelmind Jacket when you can use Marvelmind Helmet or Headlight or Cap.
Jacket has two microphones – on the left shoulder and on the right. It is done in order to prevent the worker’s head or neck creating a non-line of sight situation to the stationary beacons around.
Use Marvelmind Badge for light industrial or office or museum/exhibition applications.
Badge has two double-microphones around user’s the neck and a full-size antenna in its lace. It secures robust performance in non-line of sight situations caused by the user’s head or neck.
Use Marvelmind Headlight for heavy-duty industrial applications. As compared with Helmet it has:
– Room for external optional batteries on the back of the head – up 5-7 times longer working time than with the embedded battery only
– Additional microphones – to provide robust coverage when the person wearing the Headlight provides a non-line of sight situation with the tip of the Helmet
– Headlight can be installed on certified helmets that can’t be modified, i.e. when Marvelmind Helmet cannot be used
After you have done basic tests and familiarized yourself with the system, it is time to move to real-case assessment and considerations. And there are several questions that shall be asked and answered in order to build an optimal system for your specific application and requirements.
The only difference between indoor and outdoor is in protection against dust and moisture. Otherwise, the system can work indoor and outdoor equally well.
When we refer to outdoor, it doesn’t necessarily mean real outdoor. It can be indoor or underground or anywhere, where conditions are different from typical office-like conditions for which the indoor version is designed.
Power supply for stationary beacons can be an issue, because of costs associated with running the electricity to the stationary beacons can be high, particularly, if not planning it in advance.
We always recommend fixed power supply as the primary choice, because it gives peace of mind. However, large external battery is a viable option too.