Omni-microphone is an advanced all-directions microphone for robots and forklifts when the highest performance and the largest submaps are required.
- Omni-Microphone is an external microphone that can be used along with Super-Beacons and Mini-RXs. On request, it can also be used along with Industrial-RX and Industrial Super-Beacons. The later support in HW and SW, but additional modification of housings is required
- It has a super-wide 360×360-degree beam, i.e. omni-directional pattern
- It is possible to enable and receive signal from any of the microphones separately, thus, to disable a noise source from an unwanted direction, because the Omni-Microphone consists of 4 external microphones back to back
- The Omni-Microphone is great for Direction + Location, for example, for robot’s
- It is highly recommended for larger submaps (25m+) or when a particularly guaranteed and robust tracking of a forklift or similar mobile object on the largest possible distance. See video below for more info about microphone diagrams
- The microphone is IP67 protected by special membranes and compound
- The microphone requires soldering. There are easy to use pins on the board and connectivity is described in the Operating Manual
- Only one Omni-Microphone can be connected to a Super-Beacon or to a Mini-RX, because, effectively, there are four microphones inside already
- The default cable length is 20-25cm. Optionally, it is possible to have the Omni-Microphone with up to 1m-cable
- By default, the microphone is shipped with a 2mm-flexible cable ready for soldering. On request, it can be supplied with a flexible mounting tube for easy installation on a forklift or a robot – “antenna-like configuration”. Let us know about your preferences and the desired length when ordering. There are other mounting options as well
- Read more about connectivity to beacons in the Operating Manual
This sales item is shipped using Shipping & Handling fee (Complexity I).