The Mini-RX Beacon can be used in both the Non-Inverse Architecture (NIA) and the Inverse Architecture (IA):
Supports license-free 915MHz ISM band (US) and license-free SRD band 868MHz (EU).
All Mini-RX beacons have 6D IMU (3D gyro + 3D accelerometer) onboard.
The Mini-RX beacon differs from regular Beacon HW v4.9 in several ways:
- The Mini-RX is an RX-only beacon, i.e. it can receive, but it cannot transmit ultrasonic signal
- The fact that it is RX-only makes it far more sensitive, i.e. you will get a longer range between Beacon HW v4.9 and the Mini-RX than between Beacon HW v4.9 and Beacon HW v4.9
- The Mini-RX beacon can receive any ultrasonic frequency from the bands: 19kHz, 25kHz, 31kHz, 37kHz, 45kHz. The filter can be simply selected in the Dashboard. At the same time, the ultrasonic frequency of Beacon HW v4.9 is HW-defined by ultrasonic sensors and can’t be changed
- The Mini-RX beacon can receive several ultrasonic frequencies at once. That is used in Inverse Architecture. See the comparison
- The Mini-RX Beacon is significantly smaller, than Beacon HW v4.9 in volume and weight. See the Beacons Comparison table
- The Mini-RX Beacon can work with regular Beacons HW v4.9 in any combination as a part of a Starter Set or as a part of navigation systems and it is a superior RX-only replacement to HW v4.9. At the same time, since it is RX-only beacon, the Beacons HW v4.9 are here to stay as universal dual-use beacons. In all cases, beacons shall use the same radio band