A superior version of Starter Set HW v4.9-IMU.
- For 3D: one autonomous robot/drone or tracking of one forklift or another object & covered area of up to 1,000 m2
- For 2D: one autonomous robot or tracking of one forklift or another object & covered area of up to 1,500 m2
The Mini-RX beacons – the stationary beacons of this set – differ from regular Beacons HW v4.9 in several ways:
- The Mini-RX is an RX-only beacon, i.e. it can receive, but it cannot transmit ultrasonic signal. The fact that it is an RX-only makes it more sensitive, i.e. you will get a longer range between Beacon HW v4.9 and the Mini-RX than between Beacon HW v4.9 and Beacon HW v4.9
- The Mini-RX beacons can receive any ultrasonic frequency from the bands: 19kHz, 25kHz, 31kHz, 37kHz, 45kHz, 56kHz. The filter can be simply selected in the Dashboard. At the same time, the working ultrasonic frequency of Beacon HW v4.9 is HW-defined by ultrasonic sensors and can’t be changed
- The Mini-RX beacons can receive several ultrasonic frequencies at once. That is used in Inverse Architecture. See the comparison
- The Mini-RX beacons are significantly smaller, than Beacon HW v4.9. For more, check the Beacons Comparison table
- The Mini-RX beacons can work with regular Beacons HW v4.9 in any combination as a part of a Starter Set or as a part of navigation systems and it is a superior RX-only replacement to HW v4.9. At the same time, since it is RX-only beacon, while the Beacons HW v4.9 is a universal dual-use beacon
Marvelmind Indoor Navigation System is an off-the-shelf indoor navigation system designed to provide precise (±2cm) location data to autonomous robots, vehicles (AGV), drones and forklifts. It can also be used to track other objects that the mobile beacon is installed upon, for example, virtual reality (VR) systems, helmets for construction workers or miners, jackets, etc.
The navigation system is based on stationary ultrasonic beacons that are united by radio interface in a license-free band (915MHz). The location of the mobile beacon is calculated based on the propagation delay of an ultrasonic signal (Time-Of-Flight or TOF) to a set of stationary ultrasonic beacons using trilateration.
Key requirements for the system to function properly:
- For 3D (X, Y, Z) tracking – An unobstructed line of hearing/sight by a mobile beacon to three or more stationary beacons simultaneously
- For 2D (X, Y) tracking – An unobstructed line of hearing/sight by a mobile beacon to two or more stationary beacons simultaneously
- Distance to the nearest 2 or 3 beacons – not more than 30 meters (recommended). In ideal conditions – up to 50 meters