This is a Starter Set supporting Inverse Architecture (IA) with 3D tracking (XY).
In the Inverse Architecture (IA), stationary beacons emit ultrasound and mobile beacons receive it. Thus, it is possible to have multiple mobile beacons without update rate reduction per mobile beacon, unlike in the Non-Inverse Architecture (NIA). See more in the Architecture Comparison.
- 1 x Beacons Mini-RX 915/868 MHz as mobile beacon
- 4 x Beacon HW v4.9 915/868 MHz with different ultrasonic frequencies (19kHz, 25kHz, 31kHz, 45kHz) as stationary beacons
- 1 x Modem HW v4.9 915/868 MHz as central controller of the system
- One person or autonomous robot or forklift or another object. Covered area of up to 1,000 m2
- Especially good for tracking people. See demos:
The Inverse Architecture is not well suitable for drones, especially, for larger and noisier ones without special methods to shield the mobile beacons for noise from rotors, because mobile beacon is receiving ultrasound in this architecture. If placed on the drone, the drone’s rotor’s noise would limit the ultrasonic range quite much. Starter Sets with NIA are designed for that kind application, for example, Starter Set NIA-02. However, in special cases, particularly, with mini- and micro-drones and special ultrasonic shield, IA works very well
- For more mobile objects – add more mobile beacons Mini-RX
- For more coverage – add more stationary beacons and build submaps. Notice, that building submaps in IA requires more skills and understanding of the IA architecture, than in NIA. It is much easier in NIA, because only one ultrasonic frequency is used in NIA
The Mini-RX beacons – the mobile beacons of this set – differ from regular Beacons HW v4.9 in several ways:
- The Mini-RX an RX-only beacon, i.e. it can receive, but it cannot transmit ultrasonic signal. The fact that it is an RX-only makes it more sensitive, i.e. you will get a longer range between Beacon HW v4.9 and the Mini-RX than between Beacon HW v4.9 and Beacon HW v4.9
- The Mini-RX beacons can receive any ultrasonic frequency from the bands: 19kHz, 25kHz, 31kHz, 37kHz, 45kHz, 56kHz. The filter can be simply selected in the Dashboard. At the same time, the working ultrasonic frequency of Beacon HW v4.9 is HW-defined by ultrasonic sensors and can’t be changed
- The Mini-RX beacons can receive several ultrasonic frequencies at once. That is used in Inverse Architecture. See the comparison
- The Mini-RX beacons are significantly smaller, than Beacon HW v4.9. For more, check the Beacons Comparison table
- The Mini-RX beacons can work with regular Beacons HW v4.9 in any combination as a part of a Starter Set or as a part of navigation systems and it is a superior RX-only replacement to HW v4.9. At the same time, since it is RX-only beacon, while the Beacons HW v4.9 is a universal dual-use beacon
Marvelmind Indoor Navigation System is an off-the-shelf indoor navigation system designed to provide precise (±2cm) location data to autonomous robots, vehicles (AGV), drones and forklifts. It can also be used to track other objects that the mobile beacon is installed upon, for example, virtual reality (VR) systems, helmets for construction workers or miners, jackets, etc.
The navigation system is based on stationary ultrasonic beacons that are united by radio interface in a license-free band (915MHz). The location of the mobile beacon is calculated based on the propagation delay of an ultrasonic signal (Time-Of-Flight or TOF) to a set of stationary ultrasonic beacons using trilateration.
Key requirements for the system to function properly:
- For 3D (X, Y, Z) tracking – An unobstructed line of hearing/sight by a mobile beacon to three or more stationary beacons simultaneously
- For 2D (X, Y) tracking – An unobstructed line of hearing/sight by a mobile beacon to two or more stationary beacons simultaneously
- Distance to the nearest 2 or 3 beacons – not more than 30 meters (recommended). In ideal conditions – up to 50 meters