Integration Marvelmind and Pixhawk 4

Frequent questions asked online, offline, in forums are answered here
jstant7

Re: Integration Marvelmind and Pixhawk 4

Post by jstant7 »

I am an undergraduate student who is working with a design team to develop a drone capable of documenting its 3D position indoors using the Marvelmind Starter Set Super-NIA-3D system. We are using a Pixhawk 4 flight controller along with the Mission Planner ground control station. We have attempted to follow the instructions provided by this guide:

https://marvelmind.com/pics/PixHawk_Mar ... Manual.pdf

We are running into an issue when attempting to upload the recommended firmware to our board. We have received an error stating that the firmware is not compatible with the board. Can you provide any direction about whether these instructions will work with the flight controller that we are using? Up until this point we have been running ardupilot as the flight stack on our controller, must we change to using PX4?

In addition to attempting this method we have also followed documentation put forward by Ardupilot on their website without success:

https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/commo ... marvelmind

We have tried offsetting the beacon positions in the Marvelmind dashboard so that the hedgehog had a Z of -10m at ground height, but we are unable to observe the change in altitude on mission planner, as well as no lat/long data. We understand that this is not your recommended form of implementation of your system, we just wanted to outline everything we have tried to see if there is anything you could help us fix.

smoker77

Post by smoker77 »

Hello,

In this manual ( https://marvelmind.com/pics/PixHawk_Mar ... Manual.pdf ) we described the test with certain version of Pixhawk hardware and firmware. If you use Pixhawk hardware of another version than in this manual, you may be needed another version of firmware.
Please try latest version of Ardupilot firmware.

Currently we don't recommend PX4 firmware because we have several reports about troubles in integration Marvelmind system with PX4 firmware.
In close future we are planning to test Pixhawk with PX4 firmware and will release additional manual for this configuration.

mf1413

Post by mf1413 »

Hello

It seems you successfully integrated Pixhawk with marvelmind beacon and get the 3D fix.
I am using Pixhawk 2.1 and Marvelmind Starter Set Super-NIA-3D.
I followed the manual for the integration but i am not getting a 3D fix.
Can you please help me on that issue.

Do i need to configure or calibrate any IMU on the Mobile Beacon?

Thank you.

mf1413

Post by mf1413 »

avilahuerta wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:52 pm
Hello,

Thanks for your answer. I have started connecting the hedgehog to the GPS port of my pixhawk. I am using Arducopter 3.6.9. After configuration of both Marvelmind system and ardupilot, I get stable and accurate 3D tracking in dashboard.

However, in ardupilot, I have acuurate 2D tracking (X,Y) but not in Z (height). I receive the message GPS 3D fix in mission planer, and 2D tracking seems to work properly. But height readings are not good and are not stable while in dashboard Z readings are OK and stable.

Any hints on what might be going on?.

Thanks
Hello, Avilahuerta
I hope you are doing well. Can you please help me for the Pixhawk 2.1 and Marvelmind integration. As you are using Telemetry port 2 to connect the Marvelmind Beacon, can you please give me the connection diagram? Also any list of parameters need to change on the Ardupilot mission planner. It will be a great help for me.

Thank you.

Mehedi

mf1413

Post by mf1413 »

Dear Concern

I am trying to integrate marvelmind beacon with Pixhawk 2.1. can you please help me regarding the setup setps and the parameters need to change on the Ardupilot Mission planner. I am trying different combination of setting of parameters. But , I am not getting a 3D fix.
thank you.