Manual setting of X,Y axis

Frequent questions asked online, offline, in forums are answered here
p4010

Postby p4010 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:59 pm

Hi,
Just got the4-beacons + hedgehog version, and I have a couple of questions:
1. Is there any specific purpose for microswitch 1 on beacon boards, or is it reserved?
2. I am considering the use on drones. I understand that the best arrangement of the four beacons is a tetrahedron. In this case, how is the orientation of the XY plane defined? can it be changed/reoriented?

Thanks,
-P.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Microswitch 1

Postby admin » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:01 pm

p4010 wrote:Hi,
Just got the4-beacons + hedgehog version, and I have a couple of questions:
1. Is there any specific purpose for microswitch 1 on beacon boards, or is it reserved?
2. I am considering the use on drones. I understand that the best arrangement of the four beacons is a tetrahedron. In this case, how is the orientation of the XY plane defined? can it be changed/reoriented?

Thanks,
-P.

Hello,

1) One is used to disable power supply completely. Another one - for DFU programming (not HEX programming). We use it for the very first boot, for example
2) Do you mean XY in the Dashboard? One beacons is selected by default having coordinates (X, Y, Z)=0,0,0. You can manually assign any beacons to be the starting beacon.
Then the system automatically choose the axis. You can also manually choose the axes. My colleague will additionally comment how exactly the axes can be chosen

BR,
Maxim

smoker77

Postby smoker77 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:57 pm

Hello,
The first way to change axis orientation is the button, shown on the screenshot.
To setup axis:
1. Click the button
2. Click the beacon which will have (0,0,0) coordinates - starter beacon
3. Click the next beacon which will be on X axis with positive X value and zero Y value
4. Click the next beacon which will have positive Y coordinate
After this, the axes should change according to the setup
This operation is available only when map is not frozen.

The second way is available in the new version of software, modem version V5.15+
1. Click button "Submap 0" on the lower part of map
2. Press and hold CTRL button on keyboard
3. Click on any place on the map and "drag and drop" the beacons on wanted position relative to axes
4. Rotate the beacons with mouse wheel
5. Repeat steps "3" and "4", while it is needed
This method is intended for positioning independent groups of beacons (submaps) on global map, but it is working with single submap too.
Attachments
axes2beacons.png
axes2beacons.png (57.91 KiB) Viewed 6581 times

watzshakinbacon

Re: Manual setting of X,Y axis

Postby watzshakinbacon » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:31 am

To setup axis:
1. Click the button
2. Click the beacon which will have (0,0,0) coordinates - starter beacon
3. Click the next beacon which will be on X axis with positive X value and zero Y value
4. Click the next beacon which will have positive Y coordinate
After this, the axes should change according to the setup
This operation is available only when map is not frozen.

Hi Smoker, I am attempting to try to set the map using this operation but nothing happens after I follow these directions. I also saw the YouTube video, and I don't have any axes guidelines showing up. I installed the dashboard on March 14, 2018, so I'm not sure if this operation is still available?

smoker77

Postby smoker77 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:48 pm

Hello,
Sorry, this function is not available in last version of software (dashboard V5.66, firmware V5.88).
We will enable this function again in next software update which will be published soon.

zlite

Postby zlite » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:32 am

Is the version of the dashboard that fixes this going to be available soon? It's now been broken since March

smoker77

Postby smoker77 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:20 pm

The updated software with dashboard fixing this issue will be published in 1-2 weeks. Sorry for so long delay with update.

Return to “FAQ”