Hedgehog not updating properly

Frequent questions asked online, offline, in forums are answered here
Connor

Hedgehog not updating properly

Post by Connor »

I am trying to do a simple indoor test with a hedgehog and 4 beacons. My problem is when I unfreeze the hedgehog goes from its normal solid blue icon to an empty, not filled in one (see screenshot) and updates its position much, much slower than usual. I found that when it does update, it goes to its solid blue icon for a half second, moves its position, then goes back to the empty icon, stays there and the process repeats. I had the same setup working a few hours ago but when I came back and woke everything up I ran into this problem. I tried swapping a hedgehog/beacon and I restarted the system but neither seemed to help.

Also, I have the location update rate set to 16Hz and I noticed that when it is in its normal solid blue state I can hear the transmitter on the hedgehog "clicking" or sending pulses at what sounds like that rate, and the hedgehog updates fine for that short time. However when it goes to its empty icon state the clicks are much slower, and it doesn't update.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Connor

dashboard_2017_06_27_000.png
dashboard_2017_06_27_000.png (61.09 KiB) Viewed 5349 times

admin
Site Admin

Re: Hedgehog not updating properly

Post by admin »

Connor wrote:I am trying to do a simple indoor test with a hedgehog and 4 beacons. My problem is when I unfreeze the hedgehog goes from its normal solid blue icon to an empty, not filled in one (see screenshot) and updates its position much, much slower than usual. I found that when it does update, it goes to its solid blue icon for a half second, moves its position, then goes back to the empty icon, stays there and the process repeats. I had the same setup working a few hours ago but when I came back and woke everything up I ran into this problem. I tried swapping a hedgehog/beacon and I restarted the system but neither seemed to help.

Also, I have the location update rate set to 16Hz and I noticed that when it is in its normal solid blue state I can hear the transmitter on the hedgehog "clicking" or sending pulses at what sounds like that rate, and the hedgehog updates fine for that short time. However when it goes to its empty icon state the clicks are much slower, and it doesn't update.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Connor

dashboard_2017_06_27_000.png

Hello Connor,

Maybe my colleagues will correct me, but I would do the main checks first:
- Please, share what SW pack do you have? I see beacon's and modem's version, but I don't see the Dashboard's... Are they all from the same SW pack?
- It is nearly always better to use the latest SW. And it is absolutely a must to use the SW from the same pack
- It is very much recommended, when you run into some sort of difficulties, to use default settings by pressing Default button to each of the beacons and modem one by one

Please, do these checks/changes. They may fix right away. If not, let us know. We will help.

Thank you.

BR,
Maxim

Connor

Post by Connor »

Hi Maxim,

I found the problem, all my software is up to date but I had a fifth beacon I was not using but was still in the network. I removed it (right click -> remove from network) and reset all beacons and now the system is working as usual.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Connor wrote:Hi Maxim,

I found the problem, all my software is up to date but I had a fifth beacon I was not using but was still in the network. I removed it (right click -> remove from network) and reset all beacons and now the system is working as usual.

Great!
Thank you for sharing.