the leds on my beacons are not blinking

Frequent questions asked online, offline, in forums are answered here
sule

the leds on my beacons are not blinking

Post by sule »

Hello there,
I have your beacon and modem W4.9 433 MHz. I have read and followed the instructions in manual_pdf. However, I ran into a problem. After installing the software, the led 2 pin of my beacon is not blinking. I am using a Linux operating system and I have written the software installation steps for the beacon and modem below. Could you please tell me where I went wrong?
- First I did a software installation for the modem. I connected to my computer from the usb port on the modem and allowed my ACM0 port.
I ran the -dashboard application and selected the upload firmware option from the firmware tab in the application.
- then marvelmind_SW-->marvelmind_SW_2022_02_20-->Software_nia-->modem_hw49_nia-->2022_02_20_modem_hw49_sw7_040_433.hex I downloaded this file of my product.
-Then I pressed the reset button of the modem while my product was still connected to the computer. I then disconnected it from the computer.
- After installing the software for the modem, I switched to the software installation for the beacon.
-I brought pin 2 of the DFU pins of the beacon to the upper position as instructed and allowed my ACM0 port on my computer.
- Then I chose the upload firmware option from the firmware tab in the dashboard application.
-marvelmind_SW-->marvelmind_SW_2022_02_20-->Software_nia-->modem_hw49_nia-->2022_02_20_beacon_hw49_sw7_040_433.hex I have installed this file of my product.
I pressed the reset button on the Beacon and disconnected the product from the computer.
- Finally, I reconnected the modem to the computer and placed my beacons in places far from the modem.
-However, the modem did not see any beacons. And the led 2 pin on my beacons was no longer blinking.

smoker77

Re: the leds on my beacons are not blinking

Post by smoker77 »

Hello

It seems your beacon stays in DFU mode after the steps you described.
There are two ways of firmware uploading - via dashboard and via DFU.
You executed uploading via dashboard, but additionally switched the beacon into DFU mode.

Please move DFU dip switch back to the working position (left dip switch is down, right is up) and press reset button on the beacon.