Stationay Beacons is not appearing after change the radio profile

Frequent questions asked online, offline, in forums are answered here
Leonardo Neves

Stationay Beacons is not appearing after change the radio profile

Post by Leonardo Neves »

Hello, I'm currently trying to change the radio profile of the beacons, but after change this parameter, the stationary beacons is not appearing on the map, I followed the the suggested tip to change this parameter of the stationary beacons first and after that change of the modem, I tried to change the radio profile plugging each of beacons on the computer and change on the dashboard and changing them using the dashboard while they are active on the dashboard.

Obs: The beacons only appering on the map using 38 kbps, if a change to 500kbps they don't appear

How can i make it work ?

Thank you

admin
Site Admin

Re: Stationay Beacons is not appearing after change the radio profile

Post by admin »

Hello,

Most likely, there is a combination of factors:

Please, always check that you have pressed the Default button in the Dashboard to make sure you have all other settings default before changing baudrates.

- Our latest hardware - Modems v5.1-3 and Super-Beacons-3 - are so new that we don't yet support the highest baudrates radio profiles. In order not to delay the shipments, we shifted the default baudrate to 38kbps and continuing developing the SW
- The higher baudrate support will come in the near feature with the new release
- Also, notice that due to severe chip shortages, some hardware batches will have another radio chip. It is more sensitive, but has a lower maximum throughput. Instead of maximum 500kbps, it will be maximum 200kbps. We reserve the rights to change the chip model depending on the market availability from batch to batch. For example, just another new batch comes with 500kbps support again. But if another network element (beacon or modem) supports only 200kbps, then the maximum speed inside the network will remain 200kbps even if some of the elements support 500kbps

BR,
Maxim

gjakubiak

Post by gjakubiak »

Hi,

Thank you for this clear answer. May you know (approximately) when the 500kbps will be supported ?

Best regards,
Garry

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

gjakubiak wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 9:45 pm
Hi,

Thank you for this clear answer. May you know (approximately) when the 500kbps will be supported ?

Best regards,
Garry

- We have three different radio chips in place at the moment for different batches
- We could enable the 500kbps right away. But in this case, radio compatibility between different types of HW may be broken. But if you have radio profile compatible beacons/modems, then you would immediately have 500kbps
- One type of the chip is more sensitive, but it has only 200kbps highest bitrate, which is not limiting for typical applications - ultrasound propagation speed would be limiting. That chip will never have 500kbps, though
- Thus, we are rather aiming at restoring 153 kbps radio profile ASAP then getting the 500kbps, because that may confuse some people, who won't have 500kbps radio chips anyway

We shall be able to finally publish a new release in a few weeks. We have completed it pretty long time ago, but then added many new features. Thus, it is effectively a new new release :-)

gjakubiak

Post by gjakubiak »

Thank you for the answer, i'm looking forward to it :)