NO connection of beacons

Frequent questions asked online, offline, in forums are answered here
ShubhikaSharma

NO connection of beacons

Post by ShubhikaSharma »

Dear Sir/Ma'am

I updated the firmware in the beacons and modem(version: 6.210) After that only one beacon is visible and connected. I could not connect other beacons, even with USB it shows no connection.

Thanks
Shubhika Sharma

Alexander_Marvelmind

Re: NO connection of beacons

Post by Alexander_Marvelmind »

Hello,

Please describe the way you updated the SW. Step by step. File names, What instructions did you use? I suppose there is something basic.

Usually, if SW update went wrong for some some reason - try DFU Programming. But be very careful - DFU Programming has no control what .dfu file you upload. Choose SW files carefully.

ShubhikaSharma

Post by ShubhikaSharma »

I first updated the modem going to the firmware option and the upload firmware. I used software mordem_hw49_nia for that which worked well. then, for the beacon 1, I used beacon_hw45_nia which also worked then there was a message to connect another device of the same type and then I simultaneously uploaded the firmware in other four beacons.

After that when I tried to recheck them if the upgrade was successful or not, I could only connect the modem, beacon 1 and beacon 5 with the USB, rest all the three beacons could not be connected, it means that now when I connect the beacons with USB the software is showing no connection error.

Alexander_Marvelmind

Post by Alexander_Marvelmind »

I suppose the problem was solved in the online chat