Data of device A is not collected when B is occluded (same to B and C, C and D, etc)

Frequent questions asked online, offline, in forums are answered here
guelee239

Data of device A is not collected when B is occluded (same to B and C, C and D, etc)

Post by guelee239 »

This might be something the developer already knows. I am using RX mini as stationary sensors, and track multiple HW sensors. They work fine normally, and let us say that I am tracking 3 HW sensors (HW1, HW2, HW3).

When HW1 is occluded perfectly so it loses the line of sight, HW3 still works great, but HW2 stays at the same location even when it moves. (But the submap's distance of HW2 still changes based on the movement). Likewise, when HW2 is occluded perfectly, HW3 stops but HW1 works. When HW3 is occluded, HW1 stops.

When my update rate set on the dashboard is 4 or lower, the problem above does not occur. When I change the update rate 8 or above, the problem happens (Even with 2 HW sensors. If I block one sensor, the other one stops). I am not sure if it is supposed to be working like this, or is there something I can change in the setting?

Thanks!

smoker77

Re: Data of device A is not collected when B is occluded (same to B and C, C and D, etc)

Post by smoker77 »

Hello,

Yes, this is known issue, we have also found it recently - in NIA on higher update rates, when one of the mobile beacons can't be tracked, it also locks tracking of one another mobile beacon. We will fix this issue in next software update.
Current workaround is to reduce update rate to 4 Hz or below as you have done.

guelee239

Re: Data of device A is not collected when B is occluded (same to B and C, C and D, etc)

Post by guelee239 »

Sounds great! Thanks!