Big Map with Drone

Frequent questions asked online, offline, in forums are answered here
CWSFA

Big Map with Drone

Post by CWSFA »

Hi.

Our customers want to implement NIA 3D drones. (Map size-100 x 100 x 10m)
I've read the Placement Manual, but I have no idea how to make the submap multiple.
Please tell me how to attach the beacon to the floor and wall with a picture. And I would be grateful if you could tell me the required number of beacons.

Thank you

smoker77

Re: Big Map with Drone

Post by smoker77 »

Hello,

If it is possible, you can place stationary beacons as a grid with 20 meters size, as shown on atached picture.
To cover 100x100 meters area you will need 36 beacons and 25 submaps.

Each submap will have 4 beacons on will overlab 2,3 or 4 close submaps. Service zones should overlap by 1...2 meters.
Please refer to operating manual for more details about submaps.

Yes, you can add a picture of the area. Please refer to 'floors feature' section in operating manual (section 7.4):
https://marvelmind.com/pics/marvelmind_ ... manual.pdf
Attachments
submaps100x100.PNG

CWSFA

Post by CWSFA »

Thanks for the detailed answer.

Looking at the product, I saw two stationary beacon cases for using the drone system.
1. For stationary beacon - Mini-RX
2. For stationary beacon - Hw v4.9 or Superbeacon

Which is the better way to use it as a stationary beacon?

smoker77

Post by smoker77 »

Hello,

1. Yes, you can use mini-Rx as stationary beacons. But in this case you will need to specify positions of stationary beacons or distances between them manually, because mini-Rx doesn't have ultrasonic emitter, so map can't be build auomatically.

2. You can use HW4.9 or Super-Beacon as mobile beacon. Note that HW4.9 can be discontinued after some time, so we recommend Super-Beacons.
Also we recommend to use pair of beacons on the drone, because in this configuration system provides heading data in addition to location.

Rasmus

Post by Rasmus »

smoker77 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:06 pm
Hello,

1. Yes, you can use mini-Rx as stationary beacons. But in this case you will need to specify positions of stationary beacons or distances between them manually, because mini-Rx doesn't have ultrasonic emitter, so map can't be build auomatically.

2. You can use HW4.9 or Super-Beacon as mobile beacon. Note that HW4.9 can be discontinued after some time, so we recommend Super-Beacons.
Also we recommend to use pair of beacons on the drone, because in this configuration system provides heading data in addition to location.
Regarding the heading data...
How is the marvelmind beacon communicating heading data to the autopilot?
I am using HW4.9 with IMU and NMEA1803 protocol.