How to print coordinates from modem/dashboard on Arduino serial port?

Frequent questions asked online, offline, in forums are answered here
spaceboy27

How to print coordinates from modem/dashboard on Arduino serial port?

Post by spaceboy27 »

I'm seeing a lot of sample code for connecting the hedgehog to an arduino and taking in the input data. However for my application I need the arduino to be stationary while the hedgehog moves around. Ideally I'd like the hedgehog coordinates from the modem/dashboard to print on the arduinos serial port, much like how they appear within the dashboard / log files. This seems like it would be straightforward but I am having trouble setting this up. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

spaceboy27

Re: How to print coordinates from modem/dashboard on Arduino serial port?

Post by spaceboy27 »

Just to add to this, I would prefer to do this entirely over software (i.e. send coordinates from the dashboard to arduino) without connecting physical components. However if the modem and arduino have to have a wired connection that should be okay... as long as the hedgehog isn't physically connected to the arduino.

smoker77

Re: How to print coordinates from modem/dashboard on Arduino serial port?

Post by smoker77 »

Hello,

You can connect modem to Arduino via UART like hedgehog, and modem will send location data in the same format as hedgehog, so you can use same Arduino examples.
See modem's pinout in section 8.3 of operating manual (pins USART2_TX and Ground):
https://marvelmind.com/pics/marvelmind_ ... manual.pdf

Streaming data from dashboard via serial port is not implemented in current version. But it is interesting idea, may be we will add the feature in next versions.