strange behaviour, accuracy problem

Frequent questions asked online, offline, in forums are answered here
Post Reply
boahemaa
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:12 pm

Re: strange behaviour, accuracy problem

Post by boahemaa »

Hi Attila, did you freeze your modem map? It seems like you froze your submap but not the map in modem as indicated in your first screenshot.

Greetings

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:06 pm
Contact:

Re: strange behaviour, accuracy problem

Post by admin »

asti wrote:yes, please ignore the first screenshot.
I tried to change the hedge mobile beacons, same result > random positions.
It is very annoying, because now i used in a sterile environment (no pepople in room, and the beacons in LOS), our
target is a catering robot (lot of people, lot of tables in restaurant, etc...)

There could several things to carefully check:
- Settings, SW versions, etc. Please, always use Dashboard+Modem+Beacons SW only from the same SW pack. Always. Don't mix up
- Obstructions. If you have 3 beacons, the system automatically builds 3D map, i.e. all 3 stationary beacons must have LOS or line of hearing. If they don't you won't have tracking - like in real GPS. This is why we always recommend 3+1 redundancy for NIA and TDMA submaps for IA (2N redundancy from opposite direction). Direct line of hearing/sight is, probably, the only strong requirement, but that is a must
- You may mitigate short interruptions, if you use Realtime Player with high number of points to analyze, but you will get proportionally longer latency
- So, install beacons properly - follow our Placement Manual: https://marvelmind.com/pics/Marvelmind_ ... manual.pdf, i.e. place stationary beacons on the ceiling and mobile beacons - high on the top of your robot - to avoid obstructions or to minimize them

Post Reply