tracking error

Frequent questions asked online, offline, in forums are answered here
Robin

tracking error

Post by Robin »

Hi !

I've got some problem while tracking my beacons. A lot of times, while doing perfectly straight move with our robot, the hedges "Jump" around and then get back on touch with reality. It's a problem because we want to loop back our motors in real time according to the robot position

[img]C:\Users\Robin\Desktop\Untitled.png[/img]

So I was wondering how to improve that, is there something in the configuration ? Or maybe the environment ? Do we have to develop a filter ? Hopefully not because the error duration is too long to be able to do precise movement with a filter, while still detecting the robot going off track for real...

Our setup :
2 paired hedge with IMU on both, 32KHz, 433Mhz, HW4.9
1 Submap with 4 beacons
Submap in 2D

Beacons placed at 1.80m from the ground
hedges are 0.35m from the ground

Our warehouse is perfectly empty

Thank you in advance for your answer, have a great day !
Attachments
Untitled.png

admin
Site Admin

Re: tracking error

Post by admin »

Hello,

1) For me, this looks like there is an obstacle and the direct line of hearing/sight requirement is not met. If you are saying, that it is perfectly empty, then, it is even more strange ... - I would open embedded Oscilloscope and check one by one stationary beacons that is getting the signal from the mobile beacon. Some of them or several shall be receiving jumping signal or some other sort of irregularities. And based on that, it would be easier to pinpoint the source of the issue

2) You said - 4 beacons and 2D?... - rather unusual ... Try 3D, but take only X and Y

3) There could be also a very basic issue with heights. All you beacons are currently set on h=0, which is incorrect. You must put proper height settings to stationary beacons and to the mobile beacons. Now, I believe, it is the most plausible cause, because trilateration works (though gives big constant error due to wrong heights), but in the middle, with the given height settings and measured distances, it simply can't work at all. So, please, set the heights properly

BR,
Maxim

Robin wrote:Hi !

I've got some problem while tracking my beacons. A lot of times, while doing perfectly straight move with our robot, the hedges "Jump" around and then get back on touch with reality. It's a problem because we want to loop back our motors in real time according to the robot position

[img]C:\Users\Robin\Desktop\Untitled.png[/img]

So I was wondering how to improve that, is there something in the configuration ? Or maybe the environment ? Do we have to develop a filter ? Hopefully not because the error duration is too long to be able to do precise movement with a filter, while still detecting the robot going off track for real...

Our setup :
2 paired hedge with IMU on both, 32KHz, 433Mhz, HW4.9
1 Submap with 4 beacons
Submap in 2D

Beacons placed at 1.80m from the ground
hedges are 0.35m from the ground

Our warehouse is perfectly empty

Thank you in advance for your answer, have a great day !