Mini RX beacon do not show up in USB

Frequent questions asked online, offline, in forums are answered here
arshad

Mini RX beacon do not show up in USB

Postby arshad » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:32 pm

Hello,

First of all, thank you for this product. It works amazingly well.

I have a questions about Mini-RX beacon. I recently order a IA-02 pack (4 - HW4.9 , one modem and one mini RX). After a few hours, I was able to burned NIA firmwares in four HW4.9 and use one of them as Hedgehog to check if the system works or not. It does work.

However I am struggling with Mini RX. I have charged it (with the same charger and USB cable with which I charged the other four HW4.9 beacons).
But whenever I connect it to USB, it does not show up in serial ( I am on Ubuntu 16.04 and using 'ls /dev/tty*' to check if any new serial port is connected,
the same command works for other HW4.9 and modem and dashboard picks up the connection also.

I am also a little surprised to see that there is only a mini (or micro) usb hub in Mini RX with no buttons at all to turn it on or off. Also, there is almost a
1mm radius hole right side to the mini RX but it does not have any button (like the ones in HW4.9).

Also, because I have charged Mini RX for like 2 hours, now whenever I connect it to USB, its red LED turns off completely like after 2 mins.

Kindly let me know what could be wrong?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Arshad

Alexander_Marvelmind

Re: Mini RX beacon do not show up in USB

Postby Alexander_Marvelmind » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:51 pm

Hello Arshad,

Thanks for your comment :)

Beacon may be over discharged. Read Troubleshooting chapter of the Operating manual. We described that issue before :)

arshad

Postby arshad » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:04 pm

Dear Alexander.

Thank you for your reply.

I opened the upper case of Mini RX and turned it on. I did not know that it has a switch inside :) and some push type buttons for reset maybe. Overall it is being read by modem now.

However I have a small question. Though I know this was asked before. But the solution sort of did not work for me

I uploaded the NIA firmware (currect version in modem and HW4.9) and it worked (I have 4 HW4.9). But I have one mini rt too which I need to put on a mini drone so I need the system to work in IA. Though when I burned IA firmwares in modem, hw49 and mini rx, everything is read but the map is not created i.e. all the HW4.9 (working as TX I guess) show up at the center (origin) of map. I tried to wake them up in dofferent order as well as altogether, I tried hard reset (using buttons on each HW4.9) as well as soft reset. I also did not change any of the settings and use default ones. Any more ideas what I can try ?

There is also one question about Python module/library. I looked at MarvelmindHedge class and it has only IMU and Position/Distance functions, is there any plan to introduce other functions/methods in the class that were mentioned in the Serial Protocol of modems? Such as waking up / sleeping all the transmitters or getting the firmware? As far as I understand, the hedge class was written initially for Hedgehog and then later extendsd to modem serial/usb.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thank you

Arshad

arshad

Postby arshad » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:24 pm

Hello,

can you please answer my query about IA?

I am unable to make the beacons disperse on map. All of the HW4.9 Beacons show up at the center.

Also the distance cells show up at white (with no numbers in it).

I am using the latest SW pack.

P.S: I initially ordered a IA starter pack (4 HW4.9 Beacons and a MiniRX). However I first used them 4 HW4.9 in NIA (and that works perfectly) but now I want to use them in IA with the Mini RX as my drone is unable to lift HW4.9 (when working in NIA).

I have a strict project deadline so I would REALLY appreciate if you can help me.

Thanks

Arshad

Alexander_Marvelmind

Postby Alexander_Marvelmind » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:28 pm

Hello Arshad,

To launch IA, please read Operating Manual (https://marvelmind.com/pics/marvelmind_ ... manual.pdf - Starting up the system - IA) very carefully. You have to build the map by yourself.

Return to “FAQ”