Not able to add more than 4 beacons to a submap

Frequent questions asked online, offline, in forums are answered here
gorjid81

Not able to add more than 4 beacons to a submap

Postby gorjid81 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:25 pm

Hello,

I am trying to set-up a configuration for 2d tracking, and I use 4 stationary beacons + one beacon on a hedgehog mode enabled for tracking. Everything is fine. However, I now want to add another beacon and label it as stationary. I see the modem detects the new beacon, but when I right-click on the beacon and click on "add to the submap", nothing happens. Indeed, I am unable to add the fifth beacon to the current submap. When I add a new submap, the beacon will be added to the new one, but will be taken as a reference (now, I have two reference beacons, one in the old sub-map and one as the newly added beacon). Could someone help me resolving this issue? I want to be able to have more than 4 beacons, and also have a control on which beacon is taken as the reference (currently, it is just biased on the lastly added beacon)? I appreciate any advice in advance.

With best regards,
Ali

smoker77

Re: Not able to add more than 4 beacons to a submap

Postby smoker77 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:46 pm

Hello,

This is not a bug but a feature. Maximum 4 beacons per submap are supported.
3 beacons are enough for 3D tracking and one more can be added for data reduntancy.
Every submap have its own reference, because submaps can be placed pretty far one from another, for example in different rooms.
You can select reference beacon for each submap by "Starting beacon trilateration" setting of submap.
Also you can select location of reference beacon by settings "Submap X shift" and "Submap Y shift" in submap settings.

geonerd

Postby geonerd » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:45 pm

Is it possible to remove the restriction to 4 beacons per submap to provide more redundancy in areas where obstructions could block line of sight between the hedgehog and more than one beacon, or to extend the submap area beyond the range of one beacon?

smoker77

Postby smoker77 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:35 pm

Hello,

Now we don't plan to remove the limitation of 4 beacons per submap. But you can provide reduntance by adding more than one submap covering same area. For example following video shows tracking with two submaps with fully intersected service zones:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkiMCIOamPs

Return to “FAQ”