The Dashboard does not detect the some beacons

Frequent questions asked online, offline, in forums are answered here
cdrosales84

The Dashboard does not detect the some beacons

Postby cdrosales84 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:58 pm

Hello, I have a system formed by seven beacons. I've installed the latest software (dashboard 6.130) and I've updated all the firmware (modem and beacons). But, in the dashboard detected only two beacons instead of the sevens. I've reset every beacon and I did all the suggestion that I've found in the documentation and it still does not work. Also, I proved with older software versions and nothing. Can anyone help me?
Thanks

smoker77

Re: The Dashboard does not detect the some beacons

Postby smoker77 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:34 pm

Hello,

Try to connect every beacon and modem via USB and press 'default' (not reset) button in dashboard.
This will reset all settings to default state, so you can be sure the settings in different devices are same.
Then try wake beacons via radio again. Make sure beacons should be at least 1..2 meters from modem to avoid too strong radio signal.

cdrosales84

Postby cdrosales84 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:17 pm

Hi, I solved today this problem. I don't know why but the radio profile parameter was changed ( i don't know how and by who), and therefore, the modem only detected the two beacons with the correct configuration. Thus, I changed the setting for the remaining beacons and voila!, Now it is working.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:24 pm

cdrosales84 wrote:Hi, I solved today this problem. I don't know why but the radio profile parameter was changed ( i don't know how and by who), and therefore, the modem only detected the two beacons with the correct configuration. Thus, I changed the setting for the remaining beacons and voila!, Now it is working.

Thank you very much for sharing!
Our recommendation in such cases: press Reset in the Dashboard. For confidence, press reset in HW. Press Default button in the Dashboard while beacon/modem is USB connected. Repeat one by one to all devices.

Return to “FAQ”