Outdoor GPS lock Pixhawk to loiter

Frequent questions asked online, offline, in forums are answered here
aussiepilot

Outdoor GPS lock Pixhawk to loiter

Post by aussiepilot »

HI I commercially fly drones in Australia and we do a lot of structure inspections were we are totally under the structure with NO GPS lock
these could be up to 100ft from the ground? with your system would I be able to use it for a position lock to allow stable loiter hold - these fly's are manual flight with out plotting flight planes. Looking for a stable solution to purchase kind regards Barry

admin
Site Admin

Re: Outdoor GPS lock Pixhawk to loiter

Post by admin »

aussiepilot wrote:HI I commercially fly drones in Australia and we do a lot of structure inspections were we are totally under the structure with NO GPS lock
these could be up to 100ft from the ground? with your system would I be able to use it for a position lock to allow stable loiter hold - these fly's are manual flight with out plotting flight planes. Looking for a stable solution to purchase kind regards Barry

Hello Barry,

Just for me to understand, so, you plan just to hover in place, shoot video and them land, right?
100ft seems to be pretty high. But we tested up to 50 meters in ideal conditions between beacons and with 30-37 meters - pretty strong and solid. So, I believe, it would be possible.

I suggest, you get a Starter Set and test it in the manual mode with your copter and then it will be absolutely clear whether it works as robustly in your conditions as you expect. I believe, it will.

Thank you.

BR,
Maxim