Firmware and Params for autonomous flight (Link to firmware added)

Frequent questions asked online, offline, in forums are answered here
amolad

Re: Firmware and Params for autonomous flight (Link to firmware added)

Post by amolad »

Hey Debupt,

Yeah thats the problem of the NMEA protocol! you dont get an accuracy on the pixhawk end due! If i remember correctly you get around ~11 cms accuracy and that coupled with noise from MM will lead to this.
That is why we are trying to use MM as a beacon but not a GPS, but still having problems with that as well.

For the yaw, did you apply Hendrik's solution and compile the source code?

Debupt

Post by Debupt »

hey, amolad
I used the Firmware and Params.
I have solved the altitude problem by change the sensor to LIDAR-Lite Rangefinder. You can have a try.
Here comes another problem of X and Y position. When the drone is still, it just right in the Mission Planner's map, but when in the Loiter mode, it just drifts. I have changed the pos_xy_p value, but it doesn't work.
Following is the measurement of UWB module ( 10cm error).
By the way, what's going on with your method. I noticed that pozyx can just plug in pixhawk by telcom port for positioning, if you just know the protocol of the data, you can make a fake pozyx signal, too. What's the rate of MM sent FAKEGPS signal and could you please send my a short message of that data? my E-mail address: debupt2015@gmail.com. Thks.
mmexport1498141737859.jpg
mmexport1498141737859.jpg (23.08 KiB) Viewed 5876 times

amolad

Post by amolad »

Hey Debupt,

can you check this thread. I have opened up a post and there people will definetely help you out!

http://discuss.ardupilot.org/t/ardupilo ... cons/18677

BTW are you using MM as a beacon or MM as GPS?

Debupt

Post by Debupt »

Hey amolad
Thks for your suggestion.
I used UWB module, and i just write a program to convert the position info to NMEA protocol. But in Loiter mode, the situation is not really well. :(

mcleod3

Post by mcleod3 »

Hi All,

Can anyone confirm if the firmware will work on a quadcopter? Or is this only meant for a hexacopter?

Thank you,
Anthony