how to get x,y coordinates of hedge on the serial port of arduino?

Frequent questions asked online, offline, in forums are answered here
smoker77

Re: how to get x,y coordinates of hedge on the serial port of arduino?

Post by smoker77 »

Hello,
Ultrasonic threshold is obsolete function, it is not used in several last versions of software, so you can not care about it.
Oscilloscope is usually used to check the signal. Before signal from the beacon should be no high level noise or echo.

Time delay (latency) of the coordinates on robot side may be caused by 'Window of averaging' and 'Distance filter' settings in modem.
Try set them to zero.

thenecniv

Post by thenecniv »

Not to piggyback on this topic, but I dont have much of a choice.

I'm currently utilising the sample uart v4a ino codes, and have removed the codes for LCD as I do not use it.

I've set UART speed at 115200 for beacon,modems,code,serial monitor. Output is still 0 for x,y,z values

Map has been frozen. My Arduino Uno Wifi Rev2 has it's RX(PIN0) connected to the TX of the hedgehog and the 2 grounds connected properly as well.

TX LED is lit up on the Arduino board. any Ideas?

I've modified the v4a codes to be similar to the v3 codes. To no avail, I'm sorry if I missed out on the solution, been working on it for a couple of days and my head's bout to go.

smoker77

Post by smoker77 »

Hello,
What type of system (IA, NIA) and what type of beacons (HW4.9, super-beacon etc) do you use?
If you see zero X,Y,Z values in arduino, this means arduino successfully received these data, so your Arduino code and wiring connection is ok.
Do you have normal tracking in dashboard? If hedge stays at zero point in dashboard, it can transmit zero values via UART.

Briser

Post by Briser »

Hello,
I don't quite understand what 7.11 of the packet streaming (FN0007) in the manual does, could you please explain?thank you.

smoker77

Post by smoker77 »

Hello,
This feature allows to send any data to mobile beacon via USB/UART and see these data in dashboard. Format of sending data is shown in section 2.2 of the protocol:
https://marvelmind.com/pics/marvelmind_ ... rfaces.pdf
For example some robot with mobile beacon can transmit any data from its sensors - temperature, distances to obstacles, battery charge level and so on. Dashboard show these data in raw format so it is not very useful. But these data are also available via API, so you can write own software instead dashboard and process payload data from your robot.