Getting multiple hedgehogs data at 100hz

Frequent questions asked online, offline, in forums are answered here
yt38

Getting multiple hedgehogs data at 100hz

Postby yt38 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:39 am

What would be your recommandations (hardware / software) for recording multiple hedgehogs fusion data (3D positioning, simultaneously) at 100hz?

I am thinking about storing the data to a SD card through SPI or UART board until the session is finished. Even better would be to transfer the data through bluetooth devices connected direclty to the hedgehogs.

I am not looking at processing the data while it is being recorded, that's why I could "download" the data after a recording session is done.

Any suggestions?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Getting multiple hedgehogs data at 100hz

Postby admin » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:59 pm

yt38 wrote:What would be your recommandations (hardware / software) for recording multiple hedgehogs fusion data (3D positioning, simultaneously) at 100hz?

I am thinking about storing the data to a SD card through SPI or UART board until the session is finished. Even better would be to transfer the data through bluetooth devices connected direclty to the hedgehogs.

I am not looking at processing the data while it is being recorded, that's why I could "download" the data after a recording session is done.

Any suggestions?

There are really multiple options depending on your setup and other details:
- I would start with Raspberry Pi or similar - to directly record on its SD via UART or virtual UART from us
- Yes, it is possible to stream out data via BT/BLE: connect basic UART-to-BLE modules and stream out from each mobile device. Receive multiple BT streams - virtual UART over BLE - streams on your end device
- I am sure there many options as well

Return to “FAQ”