Modem not being detected by Dashboard

Frequent questions asked online, offline, in forums are answered here
x10s

Modem not being detected by Dashboard

Postby x10s » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:27 pm

Hello,

I have been using the modem + beacon setup for sometime now but as of 2 days ago, the modem has stopped showing up on the Dashboard when connected to the computer. The LED on it is still blinking and I have tried changing the cables but it fails to connect.

Has anyone else faced the same issue? Is there anyway this can be corrected?
Or is this just hardware failure?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Modem not being detected by Dashboard

Postby admin » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:38 am

x10s wrote:Hello,

I have been using the modem + beacon setup for sometime now but as of 2 days ago, the modem has stopped showing up on the Dashboard when connected to the computer. The LED on it is still blinking and I have tried changing the cables but it fails to connect.

Has anyone else faced the same issue? Is there anyway this can be corrected?
Or is this just hardware failure?

It is pretty unusual, especially, taking into account that the modem is still blinking.
- My suggestion would be still to move the cable inside the connector to different direction slightly... maybe, it is not the cable, but connector ... That would be the first suspect
- More complex examination is possible, but we would need more close up photos; more print screens; more description of what steps were done before the modem stopped working
- As a work around, I may suggest to use DFU and upload DFU SW to a beacon and use it as a modem: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=294. Make sure, that after uploading via DFU the old modem SW, you upload the latest HEX modem SW via the Dashboard

einzelheinz

Postby einzelheinz » Thu May 30, 2019 1:26 pm

Since I am encountering the same problem, I have come across this post. Did this result in any resolving of the problem?

einzelheinz

Postby einzelheinz » Fri May 31, 2019 1:41 pm

Answering myself: It was really an issue of cables. I found one where the plug was a bit longer than all the others -> works.
It seems that the beacons can use a shorter plug, where the modem really needs a long one.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:13 pm

einzelheinz wrote:Answering myself: It was really an issue of cables. I found one where the plug was a bit longer than all the others -> works.
It seems that the beacons can use a shorter plug, where the modem really needs a long one.

Thank you very much for sharing! :-)
And congratulation with finding the answer!

Return to “FAQ”