Modem's config gets reset

Frequent questions asked online, offline, in forums are answered here
noted

Modem's config gets reset

Postby noted » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:18 am

Hello everybody,

First of all, thank you for the great product Marvelmind!!

I have been using this beacon for indoor navigation for about 1 year now.

I recently upgraded the software to SW6.07 and modem is constantly gets reset after 12 hours or so.

I have tested two different modem and it only gets reset when I connect the modem to the robot for 12 hours or so. (5V dc converter)

I also checked all the config settings to see if there is a auto-reset function but I did not find any.

Could someone give me a possible solution or the cause of this phenomena?

Thank you so much in advance!

admin
Site Admin

Re: Modem's config gets reset

Postby admin » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:05 pm

noted wrote:Hello everybody,

First of all, thank you for the great product Marvelmind!!

I have been using this beacon for indoor navigation for about 1 year now.

I recently upgraded the software to SW6.07 and modem is constantly gets reset after 12 hours or so.

I have tested two different modem and it only gets reset when I connect the modem to the robot for 12 hours or so. (5V dc converter)

I also checked all the config settings to see if there is a auto-reset function but I did not find any.

Could someone give me a possible solution or the cause of this phenomena?

Thank you so much in advance!

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback.

The behavior is pretty unusual. Please, share:
- Save map and share for "good" modem and "bad" modem
- Some photos
- SW versions of all beacons, modem, Dashboard to be checked once again. SW must always be from the same SW pack. Even if you are 100% sure they, it is worth saved time once again to upload SW exactly from the same SW pack once again

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Maxim

noted

Postby noted » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:32 am

Hello Maxim!

I thought I posted the reply but apparently it didn't get uploaded.

The weird thing is that when I plug in the "bad" modem to the other robot (5v dc-dc converter), it functions fine but the configuration gets reset whenever I plug it into the robot with the problem (also 5v dc-dc converter).

Both of these robots uses same 5V dc-dc converter so I do not think that is what is causing the problem.

The only difference between "good" modem and "bad" modem is that "bad" modem is in outdoor where lots of people are around.

We also updated all the beacons and modem using the same SW pack.

I have attached beacon settings and modem settings below.

Thanks again for your help!

BeaconSettings.PNG

ModemSetting1.JPG

ModemSetting2.JPG

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:33 pm

noted wrote:Hello Maxim!

I thought I posted the reply but apparently it didn't get uploaded.

The weird thing is that when I plug in the "bad" modem to the other robot (5v dc-dc converter), it functions fine but the configuration gets reset whenever I plug it into the robot with the problem (also 5v dc-dc converter).

Both of these robots uses same 5V dc-dc converter so I do not think that is what is causing the problem.

The only difference between "good" modem and "bad" modem is that "bad" modem is in outdoor where lots of people are around.

We also updated all the beacons and modem using the same SW pack.

I have attached beacon settings and modem settings below.

Thanks again for your help!

BeaconSettings.PNG

ModemSetting1.JPG

ModemSetting2.JPG

Hello,

I see that RSSI is pretty low - -86dBm. It is not extremely low, but with slight external interference, it may lead for loss of connectivity with beacons ... However, it doesn't explain the problem as you explain it - self-reset of modem after 12h or so...

A couple of things to play with:
- Still, try to use a 5V power bank for the modem or some other source of power that is different from your existing one. There are many unimaginable weird things, so, it is easier to test with different conditions
- Swap antennas between different modems, beacons... Who knows how it can affect. Just another source of info

BR,
Maxim

noted

Postby noted » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:05 am

Hello again!

We removed 5v dc-dc converter from the main battery line and it is functioning fine so far.

The difference between two robots is one uses bldc motor and the other uses dc motor.

We think that the back emf caused by bldc might have played roll here.

We will monitor the robot for few more days and post the update!

Sincerely,
Ted

Return to “FAQ”