No data from hedgehog from in ROS after change to inverse mode

Frequent questions asked online, offline, in forums are answered here
Ashi89

No data from hedgehog from in ROS after change to inverse mode

Postby Ashi89 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:44 pm

Hello,

I was using Marvelmind V 6.03 for last two moths but today I had to change it to inverse version. I changed firmware to that one: https://marvelmind.com/pics/marvelmind_SW_inverse.zip. I had made measures of position of my stationary beacons and set it in dashboard.

The problem is that now I cannot get any data from ROS. The submap is frozen, modem is seeing all of devices. I was trying to set "Filter selection" options on all beacons and hedgehog to be different on all devices but it is always turning back to 19kHz.
Did I miss something?

Configuration on my modem/beacon/hedgehog:
Modem:

beacon:

hedgehog:

Thank you in advance.

yt38

Re: No data from hedgehog from in ROS after change to inverse mode

Postby yt38 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:15 pm

Hi have you figured out how to make this work? I have similar issues

smoker77

Postby smoker77 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:51 pm

Hello,
Sorry for the delayed reply.
Some notes:
1. You can't simply reprogram your beacons from HW4.9 starter set to inverse firmware.
For inverse system you need HW4.9 beacons with different ultrasonic frequencies as stationary beacons, and Mini-RX (or Industrial-Rx) beacons as mobile beacons.
But HW4.9 starter set includes only HW4.9 beacons with SAME ultrasonic frequency, and no Mini-RX beacons.
2. On the screenshots one of the HW4.9 beacons is shown as mobile beacon, but this is not possible for inverse architecture.
More new vesrions of software doesn't allow to switch inverse HW4.9 beacons into hedgehog mode.
So the 'mobile beacon' on the screenshot is not really mobile beacon in inverse system, and so it cannot stream data to ROS.
3. Filter selection is not applicable for HW4.9 beacons and also for Mini-RX in inverse system mode. Newer versions of software disable the possibility to modify this setting.

jascha

Postby jascha » Sat May 25, 2019 5:58 am

We are also having trouble with IA. Are the V4.9 Beacons truly a fixed ultrasonic frequency?

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue May 28, 2019 12:03 pm

jascha wrote:We are also having trouble with IA. Are the V4.9 Beacons truly a fixed ultrasonic frequency?

Colleagues,

Just to minimize the confusion with Inverse Architecture. You can't simply change the ultrasonic frequency for a transmitting beacon in the Dashboard, for example, HW v4.9, because it is defined by the sensors' HW. It will work on its native frequency.

Mini-RX and Industrial-RX - yes, you can select the ultrasonic band and it will work, but not TX - not transmitter.

In order to start using IA, you shall get TX beacons with other ultrasonic frequencies, at least, 1 additional frequency, along with default and standard 31kHz, from Starter Set HW 4.9, for example, that you may already have.

BR,
Maxim

jascha

Postby jascha » Thu May 30, 2019 7:38 pm

Thanks for the clear reply. I am still confused how one would go about setting up an IA system with more than two beacons though. It appears I can buy two beacons on unspecified, but different frequencies (f1 and f2) as part of the IA starter kit. However, I can't see any way to specify specific ultrasonic frequencies when buying a beacon from the store.

I have a Starter Set HW 4.9 and a pair of Mini RXs. I believe all of my beacons are 31kHz, although very confusingly one can change that firmware setting. I now understand that changing that setting does nothing though. How can I purchase two more Beacon HW 4.9s in two more frequencies?

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:03 am

jascha wrote:Thanks for the clear reply. I am still confused how one would go about setting up an IA system with more than two beacons though. It appears I can buy two beacons on unspecified, but different frequencies (f1 and f2) as part of the IA starter kit. However, I can't see any way to specify specific ultrasonic frequencies when buying a beacon from the store.

I have a Starter Set HW 4.9 and a pair of Mini RXs. I believe all of my beacons are 31kHz, although very confusingly one can change that firmware setting. I now understand that changing that setting does nothing though. How can I purchase two more Beacon HW 4.9s in two more frequencies?

Hello,

We are publishing updates to Operating Manual and Placement Manual quite often, so, please, check them out: https://marvelmind.com/download/.

We will be updating the website to add an option of frequencies. Now, it is possible to do by highlighting in the email to info@marvelmind.com that you have bought an IA system. And we always ask for a contact phone number, so that reply is a perfect place to highlight that you need IA system and Beacons HW v4.9 with different ultrasonic frequencies.

Yes, if you have a regular Starter Set HW v4.9, your beacons are 31kHz, unless you requested a different frequency explicitly.

No, you can't change the working ultrasonic frequency of Beacons HW v4.9, because it is defined by the sensors' HW. However, you can change the ultrasonic band of the Mini-RX beacons, because it is defined with the DSP SW inside the beacon. So, you need to take care only about the radio frequency band - 433MHz (supported by Beacons HW v4.9 433MHz) or 915MHz (supported by Beacons HW v4.9 915MHz and Mini-RX beacons).

You can order additional beacons on different frequencies by ordering regular Beacons HW v4.9 and sending us email specifying what frequencies from the set of 19kHz, 25kHz, 31kHz, 45kHz you want and that need them for IA.

Thank you.

BR,
Maxim

Return to “FAQ”