Ultrasonic - amplification

Frequent questions asked online, offline, in forums are answered here
chatura3216g

Ultrasonic - amplification

Post by chatura3216g »

does anyone have any experience with changing amplification settings from AGC to anything else?

maybe manual? what other values do I need to change if I'm using the oscilloscope? its a bit unclear in the marvelmind youtube video

my problem is without motors running, tracking is fine, with motors running at start up throttle, tracking is fine. when motors are just above take off speed, then tracking has jumps. I have monitored singnal in osciloscope but dont know what settings to change.

my test area is 6x5meters, using 4 stationary beacons 2.5m above the ground and flying the hedgehog on a quadcopter (mounted on top). I am flying well below the plane of the stationary beacons. I have RX4 on only on stationary beacons and all RX1-RX5 on on the hedgehog.

I have played around with the periods and found out that 5-7 periods gives me the best results.

thank you,
Chaz.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Ultrasonic - amplification

Post by admin »

chatura3216g wrote:does anyone have any experience with changing amplification settings from AGC to anything else?

maybe manual? what other values do I need to change if I'm using the oscilloscope? its a bit unclear in the marvelmind youtube video

my problem is without motors running, tracking is fine, with motors running at start up throttle, tracking is fine. when motors are just above take off speed, then tracking has jumps. I have monitored singnal in osciloscope but dont know what settings to change.

my test area is 6x5meters, using 4 stationary beacons 2.5m above the ground and flying the hedgehog on a quadcopter (mounted on top). I am flying well below the plane of the stationary beacons. I have RX4 on only on stationary beacons and all RX1-RX5 on on the hedgehog.

I have played around with the periods and found out that 5-7 periods gives me the best results.

thank you,
Chaz.

Here (https://marvelmind.com/download/) is an updated Autonomous copter settings manual.

Particularly, pay attention to Steps 3.x

Usually, the best would be 20-50 periods ultrasound and the lower manual gain.