Dashboard - drag and drop the selected submap using the mouse and holding down the CTRL button.

Frequent questions asked online, offline, in forums are answered here
Peter2277

Dashboard - drag and drop the selected submap using the mouse and holding down the CTRL button.

Post by Peter2277 »

Hi

I have been using Marvelmind beacons and modem for about three weeks now running on Linux version 4.4.0-130 / Ubuntu 5.4.0-6ubuntu1~16.04.9 and have been able to receive data visually from the dashboard as well as from the sample C code. However, I am trying to create three submaps (of 2 links beacons for each submaps) to simulate the same conditions and create a 90m long track as shown on the Marvelmind youtube video, title: Tracking over 90 meters with +-2cm precision; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpYaK602pVU. However, I am unable to do this step, quote from operating menu: "On the right side exist the parameters of shift and rotation for the selected submap; But a more user friendly way is to drag and drop the selected submap using the mouse and holding down the CTRL button." When I press CTRL and click on the beacon to move it, the map moves instead. Is there a bug? Am I missing a crucial step? I have tried to change keyboards and reinstalling the dashboard, but the problem still exists. I have tried using hotkey such as CTRL+SPACE - but the panels do not hide or show. I would like to know if there is an alternative way to perform the simple drag and drop without manually keying in the values because, at 90m in length, the orientation gets very confusing.

Much appreciated,

Peter

smoker77

Re: Dashboard - drag and drop the selected submap using the mouse and holding down the CTRL button.

Post by smoker77 »

Hello Peter,
Yes, it seems current Linux version of dashboard does not support drag and drop of submap with CTRL key and other functions with CTRL key.
We will fix this in next update.
Thank you for the message.

Peter2277

Re: Dashboard - drag and drop the selected submap using the mouse and holding down the CTRL button.

Post by Peter2277 »

Thank you for your reply.

May I know when the next dashboard update for Linux will be available?

Best regards,

Peter

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Peter2277 wrote:Thank you for your reply.

May I know when the next dashboard update for Linux will be available?

Best regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

We thought that we would publish it by now. But the stream of small wishes for the update/corrections is still strong.
We expect to test and publish in a couple of weeks.

BR,
Maxim