Beacons won´t come up after firmware update

Frequent questions asked online, offline, in forums are answered here
rimiru

Beacons won´t come up after firmware update

Post by rimiru »

Hi.
So, I´m stuck in a problem which came up while trying to fix another problem with the dashboard.
The original problem I had was that the map was not working at all. The beacons were detected, the table of distances was working prefectly. It was just the graphical representation of the beacons the one that wasn´t cooperating.
So, in order to fix that I read some posts in this forum and saw that bugs like this one may be caused because of a different firmware version among the beacons and the modem. So, what I did was connecting every and each one of the beacons and updating their firmware with a file named:

2018_03_14_beacon_hw49_sw5_88_rd433MHz_b1881d1.hex

and the modem with one called:

2018_03_14_modem_hw49_sw5_88_rd433MHz_605d295.hex

which came as a part of the latest SW version.

Then the problem started: after updating all of the beacons, three of them won´t power up. I´ve already charged them. It doesn´t matter how many times I turn the switch between on and off or press the reset button, the LED won´t turn on, meaning the beacon itself won´t turn on. Also, the dashboard is not detecting any of the beacons that do actually turn on. I would appreciate any help.
Thanks in advance.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Beacons won´t come up after firmware update

Post by admin »

rimiru wrote:Hi.
So, I´m stuck in a problem which came up while trying to fix another problem with the dashboard.
The original problem I had was that the map was not working at all. The beacons were detected, the table of distances was working prefectly. It was just the graphical representation of the beacons the one that wasn´t cooperating.
So, in order to fix that I read some posts in this forum and saw that bugs like this one may be caused because of a different firmware version among the beacons and the modem. So, what I did was connecting every and each one of the beacons and updating their firmware with a file named:

2018_03_14_beacon_hw49_sw5_88_rd433MHz_b1881d1.hex

and the modem with one called:

2018_03_14_modem_hw49_sw5_88_rd433MHz_605d295.hex

which came as a part of the latest SW version.

Then the problem started: after updating all of the beacons, three of them won´t power up. I´ve already charged them. It doesn´t matter how many times I turn the switch between on and off or press the reset button, the LED won´t turn on, meaning the beacon itself won´t turn on. Also, the dashboard is not detecting any of the beacons that do actually turn on. I would appreciate any help.
Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Please, do the DFU programming as recommended in the Operating Manual.
Difficult to say exactly what went wrong during the regular SW update, but DFU shall fix it: https://marvelmind.com/pics/marvelmind_ ... manual.pdf

Make sure that you flash correct SW: beacon vs. modem and 433MHz vs. 915MHz.

Good luck! :-)

Kind regards,
Maxim
P.S. Yes, the SW must always come from the same SW pack. Don't mix it up between the SW packs. So, your initial steps were correct