PX4 users?

Frequent questions asked online, offline, in forums are answered here
admin
Site Admin

PX4 users?

Postby admin » Wed May 30, 2018 1:43 pm

Hello,

Anybody using Marvelmind with PX4? One of our customers is very much interested in sharing experience and waiting for comments.

Additionally, please, see a step by step guide for autonomous drones users: https://marvelmind.com/pics/indoor_navigation_system_ENG_copter_help_manual.pdf

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Maxim

Andy_1a

Re: PX4 users?

Postby Andy_1a » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:17 pm

Yes,

but I will make my first Steps with the starterkit in the next 5 days.

Andy from Frankfurt/Main Germany

rkrwk

Postby rkrwk » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:55 pm

Are there some guidelines or set-up tips for using the Marvelmind system with PX4?

zlite

Postby zlite » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:01 pm

I'm a PX4 user as well and interested in this. However PX4 does not currently have a Rover build, so it should only be used for multicopters for now. (Rovers will be supported in the future)

sydney_aero

Postby sydney_aero » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:36 am

We recently purchased a starter kit, and I am working on using it as indoor GPS for my pixracer running PX4. I set the mobile beacon's interface to 115200 baud rate, NMEA protocol and ticked all the GPS messages. Then I connected the beacon to the GPS port on the pixracer using the guide https://marvelmind.com/pics/PixHawk_Mar ... Manual.pdf

So far I can get 3D Lock, but the vehicle is refusing to switch into position. Upon inspection, number of satellites, VDOP and HDOP are all zero.

It will be much appreciated if anyone has suggestions on how to solve this problem.

smoker77

Postby smoker77 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:41 pm

Hello,

In following topic I found an assumption that PX4 awaits for NMEA message $GPGSA which now is not supported by Marvelmind:
http://discuss.px4.io/t/intel-aero-read ... ssage/5346
But I have not found any confirmation of this.
If somebody can confirm that PX4 can get number of satellites, HDOP etc from $GPGSA message, we can include support of this message in next release of software.

sydney_aero

Postby sydney_aero » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:26 am

I eventually got Marvelmind to work with PX4, the work-around is to disable the GPS number of satellites check under the parameters EKF2_GPS_CHECK. This is not ideal but at least I can now move forward.

Slightly off-topic, when I fuse the Marvelmind location data into PX4, the positive X in the Marvelmind dashboard is West and positive Y is North. This is very confusing, I am not sure if this is an issue with how PX4 interpret the NMEA messages.

Return to “FAQ”