Big Map with Drone

Frequent questions asked online, offline, in forums are answered here
CWSFA

Big Map with Drone

Post by CWSFA »

Hi.

Our customers want to implement NIA 3D drones. (Map size-100 x 100 x 10m)
I've read the Placement Manual, but I have no idea how to make the submap multiple.
Please tell me how to attach the beacon to the floor and wall with a picture. And I would be grateful if you could tell me the required number of beacons.

Thank you

smoker77

Re: Big Map with Drone

Post by smoker77 »

Hello,

If it is possible, you can place stationary beacons as a grid with 20 meters size, as shown on atached picture.
To cover 100x100 meters area you will need 36 beacons and 25 submaps.

Each submap will have 4 beacons on will overlab 2,3 or 4 close submaps. Service zones should overlap by 1...2 meters.
Please refer to operating manual for more details about submaps.

Yes, you can add a picture of the area. Please refer to 'floors feature' section in operating manual (section 7.4):
https://marvelmind.com/pics/marvelmind_ ... manual.pdf
Attachments
submaps100x100.PNG

CWSFA

Post by CWSFA »

Thanks for the detailed answer.

Looking at the product, I saw two stationary beacon cases for using the drone system.
1. For stationary beacon - Mini-RX
2. For stationary beacon - Hw v4.9 or Superbeacon

Which is the better way to use it as a stationary beacon?

smoker77

Post by smoker77 »

Hello,

1. Yes, you can use mini-Rx as stationary beacons. But in this case you will need to specify positions of stationary beacons or distances between them manually, because mini-Rx doesn't have ultrasonic emitter, so map can't be build auomatically.

2. You can use HW4.9 or Super-Beacon as mobile beacon. Note that HW4.9 can be discontinued after some time, so we recommend Super-Beacons.
Also we recommend to use pair of beacons on the drone, because in this configuration system provides heading data in addition to location.